Sunday, September 8, 2013

Upcoming book discussions...books youth will need.

In October, all youth will need to read Johnny Termain for Apprentice level History lens. 3rd week.

And the first Wednesday of October, all Journeyman youth will need to have read Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman. I hope the youth can each have this little book as I think there is plenty of color coding to do here.








And in November all Leadership youth will need a copy of  The Young Traveler's Gift for Apprentice level.



Plus all Master level youth in Leadership in November will need a copy of  Education of a Wandering Man by Louis L'amour.


Books do not have to be new. Used is fine.  We want to encourage our youth to write in their books, add notes, insights, bursts of inspiration. Do all you can my young friends to get your own copy of a book whenever it is possible.

Thanks,

Sister Allen

1 comment:

  1. I am frustrated with the book lists. I have worked hard to get the books that have been asked for. I spent over $100 getting new books for the first week - a copy for each of my children so they could have their own to mark. They were not available used. They read 1 chapter of each book. The notes said they would continue to use those books, but my children haven't seen anything indicating that, and by the looks of the book lists they won't have time to go back to them. I have used 10 Paperbackswap credits and I am out! I have 80+ books on my bookshelf, but it takes time to get credits, order books and have them arrive. I am ordering amazon used as much as possible, but even then the books are $7+ each. Is this going to continue every month? I don't think I can keep up, and I am an expert at getting books I want! Is anyone else having difficulty, or is this specific to me because I have 3 children in the program?

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and Nickie or Belinda will try to get back to you in a timely fashion.